By Vivienne Sanders
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of luck with this attempted and proven sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the preferred, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and evaluate specifications of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- includes authoritative and fascinating content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and ways of historians
- offers exam-style questions and assistance for every correct specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This identify is appropriate for a number of classes including:
- AQA: the yankee Dream: fact and phantasm, 1945-1980
Read Online or Download Access to History: The American Dream: Reality and Illusion, 1945-1980 for AQA PDF
Similar uk history books
The vital argument of Edward Said’s Orientalism is that the connection among Britain and its colonies was once basically oppositional, in line with contrasts among conquest in another country and family order at domestic. Saree Makdisi at once demanding situations that premise in Making England Western, opting for the convergence among the British Empire’s civilizing venture in a foreign country and a parallel venture inside England itself, and pointing to Romanticism as one of many key websites of resistance to the imperial tradition in Britain after 1815.
Inside of a iteration of Columbus’s first landfall within the Caribbean, Spain governed an empire in critical and south the United States again and again the dimensions of the house nation. In stark distinction, after a century of fight, and various failures, English colonising efforts extra north had succeeded in settling the banks of 1 waterway and the littoral of a number of bays.
This can be the 1st e-book to hide the British people’s past due 20th century engagement with water in all its household, nationwide and foreign varieties, and from bathing and family chores to controversies approximately maritime toxins. The British Isles, a comparatively rainy and wet archipelago, can't whatsoever be stated to be in need of liquid assets.
A real travel de strength, a devastating critique of the Queen of Scots - John GuyMary Stuart, Queen of Scots, has lengthy been portrayed as one among history's romantically tragic figures. Devious, naive, attractive and sexually voracious, frequently hugely principled, she secured the Scottish throne and strengthened the location of the Catholic Church in Scotland.
- Religion, Politics and Society in Britain 1066-1272
- The Englishwoman's Review of Social and Industrial Questions: 1886: Volume 19 (Routledge Library Editions: The Englishwoman's Review of Social and Industrial Questions)
- Women Drinking Out in Britain Since the Early Twentieth Century (Studies in Popular Culture MUP)
- Battles at Plattsburgh, The: September 11, 1814
- Queen Victoria: Icon Of An Era
- Bomber Squadron No 7: The World War II Record
Extra resources for Access to History: The American Dream: Reality and Illusion, 1945-1980 for AQA